Expired Prescription Policy
During these uncertain times, we understand getting an eye exam could be difficult and we want to help as much as possible. If your prescription has already expired, we accept expired prescriptions on an emergency basis only, and we will notify your prescription provider that we have filled the expired prescription. Your purchase will be non-refundable (except for the manufacturer's defect).
As always, we highly recommend that you contact your doctor for a new eye examination. It is important to get your eye health examined yearly, even if you aren’t experiencing any issues with vision, so please consult with your optometrist.
What is a valid prescription?
A valid prescription requires the following:
- Prescriber or Optometrist's information (Name, Address, Phone Number)
- Valid expiration date
- Pupillary Distance (PD) measurement
- If PD measurement is not included in your prescription, please refer here on how to measure PD.
Valid Prescription Example
Invalid Prescription Example
What is Usage?
Do you need single vision or progressive?
Check your prescription to see if there is an Add Power.
If there is no Add power, you will just need: Single Vision.
Single vision lenses correct for one focal point:
- Distance: for all-round use, including driving, playing sports, watching TV, and everyday activities (Most of people just need correction for distance)
- Intermediate: for computer work
- Near: for reading or up-close work
If there is an Add power, Progressive lenses are recommended. You can also choose Single Vision.
Progressive lenses have multiple prescriptions in one pair of glasses. That allows you to do close-up work (like reading a book), middle-distance work (like checking out a website on a computer), or distance viewing (like driving) without needing to change your glasses.
How to submit your Prescription
This process will take place during checkout, you can use any method below:
- Use previously saved prescription
- Upload a prescription on-hand
- Submit doctors information (so that JINS can contact your doctor)
- Email prescription photo/attachment later to email@example.com, attaching your order number
As always if you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to contact us!